The work of award winning photographer Susan Johann has been featured in exhibitions in galleries and cultural centers throughout the United States, including the Smithsonian Insitute's National Portrait Gallery in Washington, DC; the Michael Lord Gallery, Milwaukee, The Platinum Gallery, Santa Fe, Hemphill Fine Art, Washington DC, The Chapman Cultural Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Elder Gallery, Charlotte, North Carolina and the Contemporary American Theater Festival Gallery at Shepard University of West Virginia. In New York her work has been exhibited at the Condeso-Lawler, the John Stevenson Gallery, The Platinum Gallery, Elder Gallery, and the New York Public Theater.
Johann's photographs are in public, corporate and private collections, including those of The Marriott Corporation, Gomez and Associates, Shaver -Melahn and the Signature Theatre Company.
- Focus on Playwrights, a book of photographs and interviews was published in mid-2016 by the University of South Carolina Press. USC Press catalog
- Johann's photographs have been featured in numerous publications, including the New York Times, Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, New Yorker and American Theater Magazine.
- The book can be purchased at Amazon and Barnes and Noble and at many independent bookstores across the US.
- Samples of Exhibitions (*Solo Shows)
- 2013 Carolinas Got Art Salon, Elder Gallery, Charlotte NC
- 2010 "American Now" National Portrait Gallery
- 2010 Carolina Gallery, Spartanburg, SC
- 2009 Chapman Art Center,SC
- 2008 American Women, National Portrait Gallery
- 2007 Seeing Things, Bravo Design, Tryon.NC
- 2004 * Playwrights, University of West Virginia
- 1999 John Stevenson Gallery, New York City
- 1997 "Everything Cool" The Platinum Gallery, NYC
- 1995 Hemphill Fine Art, Washington, DC
- 1994 Michael Lord GAllery, Milwaukee, Wi
- 1993 * Condeso-Lawler, New York City
- 1993 * The Platinum Gallery, Santa Fe, NM
- 1991 *The Public Theater, New York City